Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Feeling Very Blessed

I have to admit I was a bit nervous when Father Randy told me right before Mass started that he was going to call me up to the front of the church for a special blessing. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm not comfortable being the center of attention. I know I will get more comfortable the more I'm in this role, but for now it's a bit unnerving knowing that everyone is watching me.

But standing there while Father Randy prayed for me was truly a moving experience. His words meant so much to me. I want to do a good job as principal and having him pray for me gives me the strength to do what God has called me to do. And if that wasn't enough, to know that all those kids (especially my daughter) had their hands outstretched over me gave me such a sense of peace. When they recited the Hail Mary, I thought I was going to cry. Oh, the power of prayer! It was truly a great beginning to what I know is going to be a wonderful adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment